Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Easter Ideas.....

I LOVE to browse through Pottery Barn catalogs.  But, I, alas, never buy from Pottery Barn because, quite frankly, I just can't afford it.  I was looking at this month's catalog and was not surprised by some of the cute ideas they had for Easter.  If you're like me, you like to steal their ideas with less expensive versions of the same item.

One of the cutest ideas they had was lined gingham Easter Baskets with names monogrammed on them. Can you guess where I'm going with this one?  Go to Michaels, Marshalls, TJMaxx, whichever is your fav, and get an inexpensive lined basket then bring it to Mally's Cottage and get your baby's name put on it.  SAVE LOTS OF MONEY!!!!

Don't believe me?  Go to http://www.potterybarnkids.com/shop/kids/easter/easter-baskets-liners.   Their basket liners are $12-$24 without the monogram or the actual basket.  Add an extra $6.50 for the monogram and an extra $24+ for the actual basket.
Now...go to Target.com, WalMart.com, etc. (or better yet, just go to the store and save on the shipping costs)  They have the seagrass or wicker baskets WITH the gingham lining and usually in set of two or three for $19.99.  Bring it Mally's Cottage and get it personalized for $8.00.  So, now you have a personalized Easter Basket that you can reuse by putting toys or books in after Easter for only $28.00 versus $50+ from more expensive places like Pottery Barn. 

I really don't mean to dis Pottery Barn.  I am a huge fan.  I'd probably buy most of the products in their magazines if I had the money. But, since I still like cute things but I'm on a major budget - I can at least hijack their ideas, can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment